Sunday 4 March 2012

A card for Gerry

"Last minute Liz" should be my new name!!  It was Gerry's birthday yesterday - when did I make the card?  Those of you who are in the circle journal group will probably have guessed right, yes, yesterday morning!!!  It is becoming too much of a bad habit leaving my creations to the last minute and I must stop it.  Anyway, as Gerry was in the merchant navy I wanted to use water/boats in my theme and as I had bought this Yacht stamp from Stampin Up and hadn't yet used it, it was a wonderful opportunity to try it out.    Betty (mother) & Gerry are like parents to us and are a very special couple and I wanted to show them just how much they mean to us.  Gerry was absolutely delighted with it and seemingly kept picking it up to look at it! 

Well that is just about the end of another weekend and I had better get back to the pile of ironing I am supposed to be tackling whilst watching Dancing on Ice. Should anyone from the Circle Journal Group read this, no I haven't even started my next two pages yet, still a fortnight to go before we exchange!  The question is, will it be a last minute creation again?  We will just have to wait and see!!

Have a great week.   Liz x



1 comment:

  1. Not bad for a last minute job!! I love the colours and the anchor and chain are a perfect finishing touch.
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete