Sunday 11 December 2011

Penny Black

It has been several months since I have been in my den doing any serious crafting.  I don't know where the time goes.  A group of crafting friends have started a circle journal swap so that really inspired me to get back in my den and get the creative juices going again.  My journal is now away to the first swap and it will be great to eventually see the finished result. 

It was also Rebecca's 30th birthday last week and here is the card I made to send to her.  Unfortunately we were unable to go down and see her but hopefully we will get down in the new year to see her and the boys.


I haven't made many christmas cards this year but wanted to get a couple of special ones made and after that I made a couple of different designs.  When making any cards at the moment I am trying to keep to a couple of personal goal I have made and that is to try and use stamps I have bought and haven't used and use up all the scraps of paper and card I have sitting in my boxes.  I still have some special ones to make so that is my aim this week after I have tidied my den back up!! Please excuse the quality but I have scanned these ones in as I cannot get good daylight for photos at the moment.


 This is an 8" x 8" card.  I had some large envelopes in my stash so joined two pieces of card together using a fold down the left hand side.  I used my tombow markers to colour all these.  It has been a while since I have used them as I have been using pencils and blending with sansador.  It was good to go back to the watercolouring for a change.

 I have had these two stamps for a couple of years or more now and this is the first time I have used them.  The reindeer was fun to colour in.

 Back to my Penny Black stamps.  It will take me years to use all the christmas stamps I have purchased.  Maybe I should keep my stash of xmas stamps out all year and try and use a different one each week!  A good way of having my cards made in plenty of time!! Maybe not!!

                                                            Last card one of the week.

1 comment:

  1. Some beautiful cards Liz. Good to see you posting again. I love the 3 penguins. You are so good at the cute Penny Black cards.
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete