Sunday 15 May 2011

Flights of Fancy

I don't know where this week has goneI  Until yesterday I hadn't even managed to work on any new projects to post on my blog.  Last night with either the choice of Eurovision or Britains got Talent I took myself into my den to potter.  Hopefully this will make up for the shortage of postings during the week.

I went to a wonderful workshop in Perth last year where we were shown how to alter a square mirror.  I decided to try my own take on that project using a square wooden frame and the stamps in my craft room.   Lo & Behold most of the stamps I have used are sets I have purchased over several years "for rainy day projects" and I have combined the various stamps from these sets within this picture. I then restamped the birds/insects seperately and glued on top of the stamped image on the picture to lift and give a 3d effect.  I have finished these off with glossy accents to add dimension and protect the finer areas I have cut out.



Although you cannot see the full effect of the dimensions it is really very effective when looking at the real project. Away now to tidy up all the sets of stamps, etc.  Ps. Eurovision was on in the background whilst I was working away, it was better this year than in previous years.  I even found myself foot tapping away to Jedward's song aah!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Liz this is amazing, well done!! I hope you are pleased with it.
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, bet your glad all your teaching didn't go to waste on me. Once I got started I thoroughly enjoyed doing it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I think it would make a great present. And I will send down my Stampin Up form in time for your June order. This is quicker than texting!!!
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz - this is beautiful - love the colours and the words - obviously not Jedward's themes!!
    x
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete